Full Reset Android Huawei U8100 to Default Factory ROM

By | Tuesday, February 21, 2012
advertisement
Full Reset Android Huawei U8100 to Default Factory ROM it's mean to reset all the changing we have made to our Android Smartphone to the default factory. It's also very useful if you have an error when upgrading your Huawei U8100 Android OS ROM from Eclair to Froyo or Gingerbread. 7PNSKK4TXEAY

I found this tutorial when I have problem after Upgrading Eclair to Froyo using CyanogenMod 6. It takes too long when boot, and stuck in Cyanogen boot image for several times. So I decide to reset it back to the factory default and using back Eclair than Froyo.

If you have any problem or think that the factory default is better, you can follow this instruction to Full reset Android U8100 back to the default ROM.

Requirements :
  • Huawei U8100 Android Smartphone :D
  • Full Charge of Battery
  • MicroSD/Memory Card
  • StockROM for Huawei U8100
  • Card Reader or anything to copy the StockROM to MicroSD

You can download StockROM for Huawei U8100 here (choose your nearest location) or here (USA StockROM from filefactory). Okay, you have all you need. Let's start!!

1. Make sure your MicroSD using FAT32 file system, if not, you have to format it with FAT32 filesystem.
2. Make a new folder on your MicroSD, rename that folder to 'dload' (without quote).
3. Extract the StockROM from the previous download. Find UPDATE.APP and copy it onto 'dload' folder on your MicroSD.
Full Reset Android Huawei U8100 to Default Factory ROM
4. Turn Off you phone. Place the MicroSD to your phone (if it's not already there)
5. Flash the new ROM by pressing "End Call" + "Volume Up" and Power On your phone.
Full Reset Android Huawei U8100 to Default Factory ROM
6. Don't release the button until the progress bar (Updating) shows up.
7. Wait until it's done. After updating your phone will reboot automatically to your default Huawei U8100 Eclair.
8. done!!!

Additional Informations:
Download StockROM for Huawei U8100 here (choose your nearest location) or here (USA StockROM from filefactory)
Categories: , ,

advertisement


Post a Comment/Report Broken Link

13 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the touchscreen of my huawei isnt working, if i reset with the stockrom, it would fix it? could you give me the long link? cause the short link isn't work also,

    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://uploaded.to/file/dvrmmv9t/from/lhxbzi
    that's the stockROM I use in my U8100. for the touchscreen, if it's not a hardware failure I think it would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my wifi can not work after upgrade gingerbread,
    now I use this rom to restore eclair, but wifi still not work.
    pls advice

    TQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. What ROM did you use? I'm using ROM from here and have no problem except the FM Radio. Make sure you wipe all the data in ClockworkMod recovery before upgrade, including dalvick data in advance option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much about great huawei u8100 blog. Could you make a tutorial about changing the u8100 company logo (the first image display when booting)? Because after I did flashing the France (Orange company) stock rom and my wifi didn't work, my phone can't do flashing other stock roms, it always failed at step 2/2 (Installing), so my phone booting logo was Orange company's logo and I can't change it anymore. I like the USA stock rom logo which I used before but now I can't change it back, so if you have any method to change the company logo at boot screen or any method to fix the error cause flashing other stock roms failed at step 2, please help me, thanks. I googled and tried so much but can't find a working method for my u8100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I do posting to your facebook over your blog, so I don't know that was posted or not. If I did duplicate posts please forgive my :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you. thank you. thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead, the degree at which you manage to broadcast information as speedily as possible. And I’m not referring to article distribution, but to the fluency of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How To Perform Hard Reset / Factory Reset

    Master Reset:
    1. Touch Home Key > Settings > Privacy.
    2. Touch Factory data reset.
    3. Touch Reset phone. Check Erase SD card if you want to erase the memory card.
    4. Touch Erase everything.

    Hard Reset:
    1. Turn Phone off
    2. Press and hold Volume up button then Press and hold Power button till a menu will come out "Android system recovery"
    4. Use the Volume button to scroll up and down and use the Camera button to select (click on).
    5. Scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" and click on it.
    6. Scroll down to "Yes -- delete all user data" and click on it.
    7. After "Data wipe complete" click on "reboot system now"

    How to Factory Data Reset
    How Android

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really fascinating, You are a very professional blogger. I've joined your rss feed and sit up for in quest of extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please write more blog entries on this subject, its a request, because after reading your blog I am highly interested in learning more.

    ReplyDelete