Before you go for upgrading your Android, make sure you have a good reason do that. Because if you did something wrong, your Android Smartphone might be useless anymore. Did you have a good reason???
Okey, let's began to upgrade our Android Smartphone OS from Eclair to Froyo. First thing we have to do is make sure you meet all the requirements to upgrade your Android OS. The requirements are :
1. Huawei Aviator U8100 Android Smartphone
2. Memory Card / MicroSD Card
3. ClockworkMod Recovery or AmonRa Recovery
4. ROM File
5. Full Charge of Battery
Huawei Aviator U8100 recovery mode didn't support for upgrade OS from zip file, there for we need to install new recovery mode. I have use both ClockworkMod Recovery and AmonRa Recovery, and I'd prefer ClockworkMod Recovery. So please go to Install ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8100 Android Smartphone for step by step instructions.
After installing new rocovery mode, the next thing is to download the ROM you want to use. In this tutorial I'll use [ROM][U81XX] Cyanogen mod 6.2.0 Beta 1. The ROM is in zip file.
Now you have your U8100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed and have Cyanogen mod 6.2.0 Beta 1 ROM file. It's time to flash your Android Smartphone.
1. Format your MicroSD using FAT32 File system, or if it's already FAT32 just place the downloaded .zip ROM file to your MicroSD card.
5. Wait untill the flashing finish, then choose "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"
6. Go to "advanced" and choose "wipe dalvik cache"
Note : You have to wipe all the data if you are upgrading the OS, but if you just change the ROM and not upgrading it, you can leave it all without wiping it. My recomendation is to wipe all the data even if you are not upgrading it ^_^.
7. Choose "reboot system now" to reboot your phone to a new OS.
Additional Information :
1. Flashing Huawei U8100 back to Default Factory ROM
2. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8100 Android Smartphone
3. Download Link For Cyanogen Mod 6 Huawei U8100
4. Forum for Huawei U8100 ROM